At SKC, Each Department has its own Board of Studies which consists of:
- Head of the department concerned (Chairman)
- The entire faculty of each specialisation.
- Two experts in the subject concerned from other prestigious institutions to be nominated by the Academic Council.
- One expert to be nominated by the Vice-Chancellor of Affiliating University.
- One representative from industry/corporate sector/allied area relating for the placement
- One postgraduate meritorious alumnus.
- Experts from outside the college.
- Staff of the same department.
Roles of the Board of Studies of each department in the college are:
- Design syllabi for various courses keeping in view the objectives of Institution, interest of the stakeholders and national requirement for consideration and approval of the Academic Council.
- Suggest methodologies for innovative teaching and evaluation techniques.
- Suggest panel of names to the Academic Council for appointment of examiners for undergraduate and postgraduate courses
- Coordinate research, teaching, extension and other academic activities in the Department
- To consider the criteria of general academic interests of all the Departments and their functioning.