Originality checker considered as an important tool for colleges, academies, institutions and universities.Scholars are able to correct and edit similar idioms after scanning their documents with anti-plagiarism software.The result of the scan is not a matter of testing your honesty. It is a practical program designed to help you track down similar sentences.
UGC has approved the UGC (Promotion of Academic Integrity and Prevention of Plagiarism in Higher Education Institutions) regulations 2018 in its meeting held on March 20.
Action to be taken if found Guilty:
- According to this regulation, students and teachers who plagiarise will lose their registrations
- Students may have to submit a revised research paper if found plagiarised in between 10 per cent and 40 per cent. The duration of re-submission will be 6 months
- If plagiarised in between 40 to 60 per cent, students will be deprived of submitting the revised paper for the duration of one year
- The student's registration for a programme will be cancelled if found plagiarised beyond 60 per cent
- Teachers in academics, if found having their research papers plagiarised in between 10 to 40 per cent, will be asked to withdraw the manuscript
- If found in between 40-60 per cent, they will be debarred to supervise Masters/Phd or Mphil students for two years and will be denied to single annual increment
- Over 60 per cent of plagiarism will lead the teachers' suspension and dismissal