- Understanding the importance of maintaining good health both physically and Mentally.
- To Teach the methods of warding of unnecessary stress and improving their concentration.
- To promote an eco-friendly environment through inclusive Growth.
- Yoga and meditation programs are becoming increasingly important as students today face an overwhelming amount of pressure and stress in their lives. And that takes a toll on mental health.
- The club is open to all students, staff and faculty to help manage stress.
- They teach some of the skills and dispositions that are central to human ecology: self-reflection, intentionality, flexibility, and strength.
- Students have an opportunity to free their minds and bodies from the onslaught of heavy homework and stressful deadlines by practicing yoga on campus.
- Studies have confirmed that yoga can help moderate stress and anxiety, improving mood and overall wellbeing.
- Students develop better time management and they also tend to retain their studies better.
- Overall, there’s more peacefulness in their lives.
Number of Beneficiaries for the Past Five Years
|Year||Number of Beneficiaries|
|2013 – 2014||169|
|2014 – 2015||210|
|2015 – 2016||243|
|2016 – 2017||413|
|2017 – 2018||142|
|Department of Physical Education|